Seeds are rich in nutrients and have many health benefits. They are potent to balance our daily nutritional needs. Being a great sources of healthy fats, proteins, fiber and antioxidants, seeds fulfil our daily nutritional needs.
Seeds are considered extremely beneficial for bone, brain, digestive, and health heart amongst its other benefits on maintaining our health and fitness levels. Listed below are some of the healthiest seeds which should be an everyday food and there are easy ways to add them to our diet.
These seeds are super food and are rich in the amino acids and are a good source of zinc and omega-3 essential fatty acids. They also contain protein, iron and phosphorus and are low in carbohydrates. Studies have shown that including seeds in our daily diet may help fight heart disease, diabetes and breast cancer and act as energy boosters.
Here are some easy ways to add seeds to our every diet:
- Sprinkle any of these seeds of your choice on your breakfast cereals or oats.
- Blend up a tablespoon of flax or chia seeds into your green smoothies or a fruit smoothie.
- You can make energy or protein bars by mixing different seeds with dates, cherries, cocoa and honey or jaggery to deal with hunger pangs in a healthy way.
- You can top up your salads with some seeds. Pumpkin, Sunflower and Watermelon seeds add great taste to your salads.
- You can sprinkle some seeds on your snacks like muffins, yogurt, buns, breads or shakes.
There are various ways in which you can effortlessly add seeds to your daily diet and no matter how you enjoy them, these seeds will enhance the flavor and texture of your meals while contributing to better nutrition.